This recipe is my mother’s creation. Obviously, it thus occupies a favourite corner of my heart. The recipe tastes great, smells awesome and is one of the healthiest choices to have for consuming fibre. It takes few ingredients, a lesser amount of time yet gives unbelievably tasty results. You can anyways add more veggies to it. Let’s check the standard recipe for it—
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time:12 minutes
- Level of Cooking: Easy
- Serving: 4 to 5
- 3 tbsp olive oil (Link to buy: Borges Olive Oil Extra Light Flavour)
- 1/2 cup millet (Link to buy: Manna Millets Combo Pack of 5)
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup saffron milk (Link to buy: Lion Saffron)
- 1 large orange peeled and segmented
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup chickpea (Link to buy: Just Organik Chickpea Kabuli)
- 2 tbsp chopped red onions
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (Link to buy: (Blue Elephant Rice Vinegar)
- 1 tsp honey (Link to buy: (DADEV Unprocessed Raw Honey)
- 1/2 tsp oregano (Link to buy: (Easy Life Oregano Seasoning)
- Heat oil in a skillet. Keep the flame in medium. Add the millet and toast. Toss the millet in the pan until it gets a little dark, saute for about a minute.
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp salt, and saffron to a boil.
- Add the millet. Incorporate everything. Keep the flame in low. Cook until the millet softens.
- Stir the orange segments, peppers, chickpeas, onions. once they reach a comfortable texture add : 3 tbsp of oil, vinegar, honey, and oregano into the millet. stir, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Balance each and every taste, and serve hot.
- Add any type of vegetables to it.
- Add some black pepper.
- In place of sherry vinegar, you can try Rice Vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- On top of it, you can place even an egg poach.
Nutritional Value Per Serving Of Chickpea-Millet Stew
- Energy: 220.7 calories
- Protein: 6 grams
- Carbs: 20 grams
- Fibre: 4 grams
That’s it. Try the recipe out. I hope you like it. Also, I provide personal coachings where I provide more such recipes. To avail, my personal diet cum exercise programme enrol here—
Personalised Diet & Workout Plan
Lose weight in a healthy way and learn to lead a sustainable lifestyle with Priyanka.