Chickpea Bar is one of my favorite among the list of all healthy snacks. I often make this bar easily at my home and consume them either in pre-workout or post-workout time. When I am travelling, I make sure I am carrying a few bars with me. You can easily change the texture of these bars at your own comfort.
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time:15 minutes
- Level of Cooking: Easy
- Serving: Yields 8 bars
- 1 can chickpea (Buying link: Gruti Organic Kabuli Chana)
- 6 large dates (Buying link: Lagom Gourmet Seedless Omani Dates)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (Buying link: Happy Jars Unsweetened Almond Butter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (Buying link: S P R I G Natural Bourbon Vanilla Extract)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder (Buying link: TERRA ORIGIN Grass-Fed Whey Protein)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds (Buying link: True Elements Chia Seeds)
- Apply butter in a pan. Line a tin with parchment paper.
- Incorporate together everything: chickpeas, dates, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix everything together in a blender. Make sure no lump is there.
- Now mix hemp seeds and chia seeds. You can again process it or fold it using spatulas.
- Using hands press the mixture in the shapes of round balls through your palm.
- Freeze for about 1 hour before removing the lining paper from the pan. Slice out 8-10 bars from it. Place the bars in a Tupperware jar. Refrigerate it. These will soften at room temperature.
- Add Crushed walnuts to it.
- Drizzle some honey or maple syrup on top.
- You can add any seed you want— flax seed, pumpkin seeds etc.
Nutritional Values Per Serving Of Chickpea Bar
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 10 grams
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Carbohydrate: 3 Grams
That’s all, I am Priyanka. I am an ISSA certified nutritionist. I am also a lifestyle and fitness ( strength and conditioning) coach. My priorities are long term habit building. I focus on clean and sustainable eating and provide different personalised diets and home-based workout plans. Enrol here for yourself—
Personalised Diet & Workout Plan
Lose weight in a healthy way and learn to lead a sustainable lifestyle with Priyanka.