This corner is a collection of 10 nutritious, palatable, and easy to make Oats recipes. I often get asked if oats are good for weight loss. Well, the answer to this is, Yes they are. Oats are good for the Indian diet.
Oats is a type of whole wheat that has an enormous amount of health benefits. There are many different varieties of oats. A couple of recipes need a specific type of oats to be prepared. However, you can prepare almost anything with the variety of oats that is available to you.
This article is created for all those working professionals who do not get time out to prepare something fancy to maintain their health. However, by just exploring your kitchen you will get plenty of options in your hand which are healthy dishes and easy to make as well. These recipes are your answer to what dishes you can make using oats. One can eat them anytime, either in breakfast or in evening snacks. I can guarantee you that these recipes are great for accelerating one’s weight loss journey,
Let’s get started—
Varieties Of Oats in India & their Cooking Time?
|Varieties of oats||Properties||Cooking time for Oats|
|Steel Cut oats||Coarse in texture.|
Nutrition Level same as whole grain oats.
|Around 30 minutes|
|Scottish Oatmeal||Grounded variety of whole grain oats.|
The best variety to make porridge and stews.
The best variety to make oat soups.
|Takes 15-20 minutes to get cooked.|
|Whole oat groats||These are the oats that have gone through skin removal in the outer layer.|
Best variety for salads.
|They need to be soaked before getting cooked. Soaking time 50 to 60 minutesRolled oatsThese are similar to Indian Poha or chewda.|
Cooks easily and takes minimal time.
They come in a lot of Organic variety.
|Takes 20 to 30 minutes for getting cooked|
Eating Oats In A Healthy Way
These recipes ( can be made from oats) are nothing fancy, takes moderate time to get prepared, highly affordable, and packed with nutrients…
1. Oats Idli
I often get asked these questions that what type of healthy breakfasts can be made from Oats. Well, this recipe single-handedly is a solution to all your queries.
Traditionally Originating in South India, Idli has become a staple for all of us in this country. Like traditional rice flour Idli, Oats Idli doesn’t need any fermentation.
- Oats 1 cup
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 7-8 cashews
- 1/4 th Tsp mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1 inch grated ginger
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 cup semolina
- Salt as per taste
- Add 1 cup oats to your blender and grind
- Make a coarse powder of it.
- Add the oil to the pan. Fry cashew nuts until golden brown
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds with Urad Dal. Saute until golden. You can use a pinch of asafoetida to it.
- Add a green chilli finely chopped.
- Add the ginger
- Add the curry leaves
- Saute for a minute or two in medium flame.
- Add ½ cup semolina.
- Saute well, till the semolina turns golden yellowish
- Add the powder oats. Mix it well with semolina in low heat.
- A tantalising smell will come. Then add salt. Allow it to get cooled.
- We are done with the ready to cook idli mixture. Store it in a tight jar. It is good to use for the next 10 days.
Making Oats Idli Batter
- Add 1 cup water and 1/4th cup curd to the cold
- Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes now you grease the Idli plate with oil.
- You can place fried cashews optionally into each mould
- Into the cavity of each mould you place one full spoon of batter.
- The batter must be of medium consistency.
- Add a bit of lemon juice.
- Add finely grated vegetables to the batter
- Fill in the steamer with 1.5 to two cups of water. Turn the gas burner into full. Let the water come into a bubbling boil.
- Then add one teaspoon of fruit salt to the batter ( Just use Eno)
- Now right away put the mixture for steaming.
- Steam till the idlis rise.
- Let them cool down a bit and cut them off the steel mould.
- Make your chutney, and your oats idli recipe is ready.
2. Oats Besan Chilla
- Oats 2.5 cups
- 1 cup besan
- ½ cup finely grated spinach
- ½ Cup onion
- ¼ th Cup green chilli
- 1 cilantro
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- water as per your choice
- oil needed for roasting
- Take all the ingredients for making the chiller —oats, besan, and everything else in a bowl. Add water slowly
- The consistency of the batter should be lump-free, thick enough yet easily pourable
- Preheat the dosa pan on medium heat, coat it with oil, and put a little amount of batter, spread it evenly, and make a thick pancake
- Drizzle some oil on the top cook till golden spots appear at the bottom, cover with the lid to speed up cooking, and flip the chilla from the other side.
- If it is perfectly done transfer it to serving dishes
3. Oats Egg Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1/4th cup of oatmeal powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoon of vegan milk
- salt as per your taste
- 1 Pinch of turmeric
- 1 pinch of oregano or any other Italian Herb
- ¼ th tbsp of pepper powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp grated onion
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tbsp grated capsicum
- 1 tomato de-seeded and diced
- 2 green chillies
- Coriander leaves few
- Incorporate flour, turmeric, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl
- Pour milk little by little and make a batter
- Add the eggs and beat them till the mixture is light and fluffy
- Turn the heat up
- Put the oil and pour a full ladle of egg mixture
- When the liquid mixture takes the form of an omelette, flip it and turn aside to cook
- Serve hot or warm
4. Oats Uttapam
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ th cup ( each) semolina and Besan
- Mixed vegetables— carrot, tomato, zucchini etc
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Baking Soda
- ½ tbsp Oil
- Mix the two types of oats together. Now grind this whole mixture into a lump-free fine powder.
- Place the ground oats flour in a mixing bowl and add the semolina and besan.
- Add a pinch of salt or as per taste.
- Add on ⅔ cup water.
- Incorporate everything very well and make a smooth lump-free mix. Now cover the bowl with cling film and let the batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Cut and chop the veggies and mix them all up
- After 20 minutes, when the batter has thickened add another ¼ th cup water for having a medium consistency.
- Now mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice or ¼ cup curd instead.
- Then add 2 to 3 pinches of baking soda. Mix again very well.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Drizzle oil and smear it all over.
- Pour the batter on the pan. Spread it evenly to get a circle.
- Now top it off with chopped mixed-vegetables
- Sprinkle little oil on the centre and at the corners of the oats uttapam.
- Cook till the base has turned golden brown.
- Then gently lift the oats uttapam and fold it from both sides
5. Oatmeal With Dry Fruits Recipe
- ½ th Cup oatmeal
- ¾ th cup almond milk
- 1 banana sliced
- Mixed Dried Fruits( Almond, Dates, pistachio, walnut etc)
- Add oats and milk to a pot. Cook until the milk comes to a boil and has an edible consistency.
- Add the banana, top it off with dried fruits
6. Oats Smoothie ( My Favourite Healthy Breakfast Recipe)
- 2 tbsp Organic oats
- 1 cup Orange juice
- I tbsp lemon juice
- Soak the oats in 1 cup of lukewarm water overnight and add in this mix 1 tbsp lime juice
- Now add the soaked oats with orange juice to the blender
- Put it in a jar, top of with chia seed
7. Oats Roti
- 1 cup whole wheat
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ th cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- ½ tsp grated green chilli
- 6 tsp peanut oil
- Combine wheat flour, oats and all other veggies. Add a pinch of salt, and a little amount of oil. Knead well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 to 20 minutes
- Divide small portions of it, and roll into roti.
- Heat a pan and cook each
Your diet-friendly oats roti is very well done!
8. Curd Oats Recipe
- 3 tbsp instant quicker oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 Green chilli
- 1-inch ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp channa dal
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Cook the instant oats in boiling water
- Beat curd till silky
- Add the curd with all other ingredients to the oats.
Voila! Another of your recipe is done.
9. Oats Banana And Greek Yoghurt Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 orange peeled and juiced
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- Honey maple syrup
Blend everything leaving the maple syrup. When it reaches the consistency of a smoothie, top it off with honey or maple syrup.
10. Oats Upma
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 10 cashews
- 2 chillies
- 1-inch ginger
- Few curry leaves
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- ½ cup beans chopped
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ capsicum
- ¼ cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tbsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Heat oil in a kadhai
- add the mustard and jeera seeds. Now add the curry leaves and cashews.
- Saute till the cashews are a little brownish.
- Now, add the turmeric powder, urad dal, a pinch of asafoetida. Add the ginger, chilli, onions one by one, and saute for 6 minutes.
- Add the carrots, beans, peas, cauliflower florets.
- Add 1 cup water and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the rolled oats. Adjust salt. Cook covered for 10 minutes or till the oats absorb all the water.
- Now add the coconut, coriander, and lime juice.
- You are sorted with breakfast
Leave a Reply